Monday, February 2, 2009

Changing Form




So this month I am taking on Gala Darlings Icing Transformation Challenge in an attempt to focus my energy in a more fruitful direction. I was kinda already doing this, (since January 1st actually) but this way I have less wiggle room for copping out. My goal for this challenge is to work on my photography and dance in some form, every day. Without even remembering the challenge I got a good head start on Sunday by tagging and posting a temporary portfolio to Flickr. Then last night got away from me as I reconnected with a few family members on Facebook, and The Man was sick. I had to take care of him, his throat hurt! :-(

I am really excited to see how much progress I make, I didn't set an end goal because I thought it might be too much pressure. I respond to pressure pretty well actually, but I put a lot of it on myself already. If it gets out of hand I run and hide, then the project is abandoned. Add to this I am working on a couple other things right now too, and the whole thing could go caput! I really don't like that Idea, getting further with my art is really important to me.

So the bonus for you guys is I now have a large selection of photos on Flickr, and a large pool of other peoples pictures to link to! So the blog can only get prettier! YAY! And y'all are thinking, "where have you been? Flickr has been around since, like, forever!" I know, I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with mine yet. But now it there, YAY AGAIN!

I would definitely recommend you think of taking on the challenge yourself, you might find you like the results. It doesn't have to be a big change, (it could be as small as drinking more water) but it is always good to mix up life and try to improve oneself.

If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.
-Thomas Edison

No comments: