Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rut. Stop. Step.



Picture by Jules

I have hit a snag in my Transformation, and if I have to be honest (and I have to be, because it almost makes me ill to lie.) I haven't made much progress in the last few days. I tried to help a friend sew up a homemade gift last night, and I am unsure of how my machine works so it took way longer than I thought. Then I had some errands, and before I knew it it was 11pm! I was beat, didn't give The Man the attention he craved, and didn't get anything productive done....

LAME!

It's lame, I feel lame, and that makes me lamer. I also haven't had a super great diet, or slept well, or been in a good mood. So it has all snowballed, way downhill.

I think I need a better work space.
Correction, I know I need a better work space.

My desk is cluttered, my apartment is cluttered, I can't get to anything. I am working on two very important projects that anywhere near organized enough, those are starting to go in good directions, and I feel out of control. The problem here is that I hate to clean. I very much hate to clean during the week, because I don't see the point in just cleaning the little things. If I did, my place would probably be cleaner! But I like to wait till the weekend, and do a big cleaning job. And if I don't feel like the big cleaning job, or it is a very busy weekend, then it doesn't get done. Then it piles up, then I get sad, then I am in the state I am writing to you from now!

Wow! Huge run on sentence there folks! Whew!

So how do I tackle this? I think the best plan (other than going back to, and sticking by my lists) is to decide on one thing to clean, then set aside one or two hours to clean it. So this is my new goal: to create a clean, organized, inspiring work space.

I would like to say by the end of the transformation challenge, but I'm not sure that is going to happen as the end is only like 11 days away. Yikes! And really I need to permanently change the way I do things so it sticks, I can't just do it this month. Also, it may take longer than 11 days (even though I have a big clean up planned for Saturday) because I am trying to downsize the number of possessions I have, and it is getting into sentimental territory. It may take a bit, but I am determined to get it done!

TAWANDA!!!!!

~Sydney

No comments: