Friday, February 20, 2009

"I have a theory...



picture

...that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.

I will have the Friday links up a little later today, I think, I am gonna go home and have a drink.

I have enjoyed a drink after work every night this week... I am a little stressed. So that is why I am doing this post now, lest I forget. Because if I do I will be all pissed at myself, and that is really counter productive to this whole loving myself thing I am working on.

4 years ago today, Hunter S. Thompson decided he was done with this plane of existence and ended his life. He died the way he lived, on his terms.

Hunter was a little bit crazy, a little bit gifted, and a huge lover of life. He did it all, just to see how it felt. He made no apologizes for the way he was. And although you may not agree with the way he lived, or the way he died (although I respect the man, I think suicide is a cop-out), it would be very worth while to take a look at the things he believed in. I can't begin to tell you how Hunter has shaped my way of thinking, the way I look at life, and the way I enjoy my time on this earth.

So I am going to go home and reflect for a few moments, on the greatness of Hunter. I am gonna light a candle, and raise my glass.
And so you can do the same, few links to look into:

Owl Farm Blog
Hunter's lovely wife Anita posted a beautiful poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye. My heart goes out to Anita today, I hope she is doing ok.

Totally Gonzo
Ron Mexico is a great guy, I have emailed back and forth with him a few times. I was had the honor of being picked winner of his photography contest for Hunter's birthday back in July.

And bonus a rockin article on the great life of this great man!


"No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master."

No comments: