Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday finally

Made it.
It's Friday.

First 5 day work week in weeks and I made it.

Thank the heavens. I am grateful. I am feeling better than I have since December 8th and have hope that this weekend will be productive. I have a bunch of cleaning to do. The Christmas tree is still in the living room. Dying a little more each day and it’s really got to go. I haven’t meditated since last weekend and I want to do some yoga and some dance practice. I have however practiced ukulele 2 nights in a row and was brave enough to show my amazing musician friend Mia how far I’ve gotten in “Sea of Love” when she came over for dinner last night. Which also indicates I’ve felt well enough to have a friend over for dinner, so, that was a win as well. The Man has a 7 pound ham that he and Pink are not gonna be able to finish, so he’s having people over to help him. I really like this idea, of impromptu dinner parties focused around destruction of ham before it spoils. Though from what I understand it doesn’t spoil since it’s cured. I really have no idea. I’ve been vegetarian since I was 6 years old, and while I’ve had several moments of wanting or trying or wishing to just join the masses in their carnivorous ways, at this point I don’t feel the need. 

There is also hiking on the menu for the weekend. I look forward to this as well, because I look forward to feeling better about the human form I exist in. Cutting out the sugar and not eating anything else after 9pm has helped to flatten out my belly this week, so, that’s nice. 

I’ve learned, in many very painful examples, never to let my guard down, never to pat myself on the back, never to sigh with relief. But, still, I am so glad I feel a little closer to physically normal than I have in a month.
I’ll go back to posting pretty pictures with quotes under them now for your viewing pleasure.


No comments: