Monday, January 7, 2013

New post about no new posts

Nothing this weekend. No happy song or rant or rave.
It was a really low-key weekend.
I've been sick. Still am. Got sick after my first Bootcamp class way back on December 10th and have pretty much been sick since. There was a small reprieve where I thought I might be better, then woke up sick Jan. 2nd. It's a huge bummer. Bootcamp resumes today and I won't be going due to still not being entirely well. I don't want to push it and end up sicker, or all over again. It's an awful flu/sick with fever and sweats and headache and runny nose and cough and dizziness. I've spent 3 days out of the office on it. I can't afford more. I just got my vacation days at work, but the sick days come in in October, and I don't want to use up more this early in the year. So, I am just going to sit at my desk and be a fat lump of a human and feel my tight blouse and tight slacks suffocate me.

There were wins to the weekend. I did meditate BOTH days and last night got The Man to sit don and try it for 8 and a half minutes with me! YEAH!! Fucking SCORE! I realize that I haven't explained how huge this is previously, but it is a really big deal to me that he even gave it a try and he also said he would be willing to try it again. It made me really happy.

Other win was finally deciding to start using Proactive for my hurting, gross, acne covered skin, it's day 3 and it does actually look better. I'm not getting my hopes up, as I know I should never do that, but it does look better already.

3rd win was went to the Fantastic Sam's across the street from my place and got my hair cut. This place had horrible reviews and I was really skeptical when I walked into a room of woman eating and talking in the back and not being greeted or really consulted about my hair.  But, it turned out really nice! I love the way it looks now!

I also had a lovely visit with my older sister for my birthday and received some birthday money from her which will pay for a massage I am in desperate need of this coming weekend and will help pay for the dye job on my hair. :)


So, despite being sick and fat, life's not all bad.

No comments: