Monday, November 30, 2015

Well, it's Monday night. The last night of November here on the west coast of America. December looms, breathing down our necks. Thanksgiving is done, now time to rush toward the frenzy of Christmas, slide into New Years way too quick, and wonder how the hell that happened till Jan 14th when you realize there's nothing going on again for a whole month.

How was your Thanksgiving?

Mine was half and half. Half was fun Half was fighting. Just as any good holiday should be.

Waited in line for an hour for ham (my man had already been in line for an hour at this point) went to final rehearsal for belly dance Xmas show coming up, did Full Moon yoga and mediation, was in love with the world. After shopping till midnight and filling up our cart with yummy foods at the very last minute (cause I always have to do everything at the very last minute. WHY?!!), we loaded the car, and it stalled. FUCK.

Uber, boyfriends truck, back to the store, rescue groceries, get home, bake pies...I am anxious about it. I am more anxious Thanksgiving morning when I wake up way too late and remember I have to deal with the fucking car before I can get our dinner party for bandmates rolling.

3 hours, renewal of AAA, finding out it wasn't just the battery, having car towed to mechanic I have had 1 review from my boss about but never actually met, 3 huge fights, half a bottle of wine, some tears, some pot, some vodka, a hot stove and 5 guests later we are in full swing and could not be happier about it. I really do love to entertain, it's really not always such a dramatic battle to the dinner bell. I swear, we have fun.

Friday we went out to see another band mate play in, at Canter's. I got drunk on Pinot Noir and purchased too many pastries ( Rainbow Cookies!!), then ate too many pastries. Saturday, I ran errands with my man and he took me out to lunch at Hamburger Hamlet. I had never eaten there. It was lovely. Sandwichs and beer and french fries were all great. He bought me some costume beads at a little shop before heading out to rehearsal. I know I'm getting old when a little part of me needs the work week to start so I can get back into a routine that doesn't involve so much eating.

Blessed. I am blessed. A luxurious 4 days off.

Shit you guys, I can't believe it's time for Christmas already. 


No comments: