Sunday, June 27, 2010

Zucchini Bread @ Midnight!


I figured since I was on a posting roll I'd get one more in before I hit the ol' hay. Almost 2 weeks ago Jillian brought over a bunch of food that she wasn't going to be eating while she couch surfed. This plethora for the senses included 6 squash, 3 zucchini and 3 yellow patty pan. We don't really eat squash. It's good and all, but I prefer the big butternut squash, or pumpkin to summer squash. So, I had to use it up, can't let food go to waste right? So of course that means...Zucchini Bread!!

Yay!



It's actually summer squash bread since I used all the squash in it. I used this recipe from 101 Cookbooks. I reduced the curry to 1 teaspoon instead of the tablespoon, got sick of chopping crystalized ginger and added a teaspoon of ground to make up for the last bit I didn't chop and added a teaspoon of cardamom cause I didn't have any lemon to zest.

It's Soooo Goood!

The depth and complexity of flavor is amazing. I wish I had more nuts than just the little sprinkle on the top, and really I can't wait to try it with actual lemon zest cause I really love lemon. But it's gonna rock my breakfast world in about 5 hours.
Goodnight!

No comments: