Friday, June 11, 2010

Blessed over


Hello!
Happy Friday!

I have had quite a trying week, I can't wait to relax. Today is my little sister's 27th birthday, I am broke and have waited till the last minute to do everything (it's like me...I think I like pressure). But we are going to have a great night anyway, I promise. The cake is in the oven now, I gotta make the card, and figure out a gift....Yikes.

I gotta back up (Well first I should warn and apologize for the fact that I didn't have my camera, and  was too upset to remember to stop and get it. So, all the pictures in this post are cell phone ones that suck. I know, I'm lame. Get over it.) I gotta back up to this time last week when The Man and I journeyed out to Burbank on the bus, for what we thought would be the last time. We picked up our truck, dropped the pretty penny we couldn't afford and drove off into the sunset! Yee Haw! When we stopped 6 blocks away for gas, The Man took the coolant bottles out of the back and threw them out. No need to waste the space anymore, we had  whole new heads! We had new  head gaskets! We had new push rods!
The truck was never gonna overheat again!

Well, this is what happened about 3 miles later:

And this:

That is green coolant spilling all over the street. I was pissed. I was broke, tired, hungry and couldn't believe I had just dropped all the money I had for weeks into this damn thing. Sucks. I cried. True story. Ask the man, he felt like crap. Or my friends, cause I did it again in Richie's car on the way to an amazing gallery opening in Venice we all went to (I have to tell you about this tomorrow, it really deserves a better post than I can currently provide).

Venice. Ah Venice, how I love thee, how I loath thee. I had been there last Saturday for a bike ride with Mia, it rocked. The truck was in the shop and we couldn't get a bus down Venice Blvd. that had 2 open bike racks. So we rode. Then we met up with Mia and rode to the Santa Monica Pier.




We rode past Tom Kirschbaum's  failed boat. It was eerie. It's always weird to be in a place where someone has died but this was, weirder. They just sort of threw the boat up on the sand, and all the things inside were all over the place. But it was as if it had crashed right there. Tom was coming from Catalina Island to the Marina Del Rey and was lost at sea. It doesn't appear that his body has been recovered. 
Rest in Peace Mr. Kirschbaum.


Then we rode all the way south to the Baja Cantina and had a drink (or two, or three) and went back to the boardwalk to hang out with Lesley, lay in the grass, take in the parade of freaks. My right shoulder burned bad, and right along the line of my tank top, so it looks like someone else's arm was snapped on instead!
Here's another really horrible cell phone picture! You can kinda tell it's Mia!

So anyhow, I gotta run now and prepare for dear Les' birthday. I know I sound rushed. I am behind on talking about a lot of stuff I have been meaning to get to. The truck took over this week and I have been exhausted by it. Wow being a grown up takes practice. Blah.
Seacrest out!

Links later! (You might even get lucky and get a rambling drunk post! Yay!)

No comments: