Monday, January 5, 2009

Change your mind, change your life

Happy New Year!
Welcome 2009, you couldn't have gotten here sooner!

I don't have a lot of time right now, it's my first day back at work and I need to file...(oh for joy! blah) but in an effort to surround myself with good advice and sound ways of thinking for the new year, I bought Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Box Calendar. Based off the book by the same name that has become so popular. Today I am gonna give you a little peak, the first 5 pages have a theme, and it so totally clicks with the way I am re-working my thinking!

Jan. 1
"Just like a garden that flourishes best under certain conditions, your home operates more smoothly when the emotional climate is well thought out"

Jan. 2
"The creation of an emotional climate has more to do with your inner preferences than your external environment. Try to keep unnecessary rushing around to a minimum."

Jan. 3
"Give yourself an extra ten minutes to get yourself and your family to your appointments"

Jan. 4
"When your done with one activity, leave a little earlier for the next one. Try to schedule your activities, work, play, and everything else a little further apart"

Jan. 5
"You may indeed be a very busy person, but remember that filling your head with thoughts of how overwhelmed you are only exacerbates the problem by making you feel even more stressed than you already do."

Some of it is just common sense, and it all seems so simple. But how many of us overlook the simplest things because we are living in our own head?

~Sydney

No comments: