Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beat the slump

"Appreciate what you have now and you'll probably discover that the grass isn't always greener." -From the Don't Sweat the Small Stuff box calender

I am in a funk today, a real slump. Some of it is because I'm tired, some because I am the PMS monster, some because I am a little overwhelmed by all of life. I wouldn't usually write on these type of days, (I don't want the pity that is inevitable in complaining, and I don't like the sound of me complaining) but I had to to tell you what happened. I haven't posted in a week and was googling tips on how to feel happy, and just in reading them and deciding that I wanted to feel better...it worked! Now I am not like, jumping up and down singing on the mountain top happy; but my mood has shifted. I feel like it is not so unmanageable now, where 10 minutes ago I just wanted to go crawl back into bed and wait for tomorrow.

The quote from my new calender at the top of the page helped a lot, I googled "how to feel happy" and read a few of the things I found (links at the bottom) and went for a walk to the building next door (same company) for a coffee drink. I am only gonna drink part of it probably, because I had a fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonald's for breakfast. I am trying to avoid as much sugar as possible right now in the attempt to eat healthier. But that little jolt of caffeine helps, the walk help elevate my blood pressure a little, and the quote and links help me realize (once again...because it always takes longer than you think it will to change your frame of mind) that my life ain't so freaking bad!

Be-Confident -This is a Wiki-how, and I know some people have a problem with Wikipedia because it is written by regular people and not professionals. But I like it, so there.

Cultivating a positive attitude - I just found this blog while searching for this post, and I love it! I love his example about the fighting monkeys, it makes so much sense!

~Sydney

No comments: