Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sometimes I think about how little my co-workers care, and I wonder if there is anything they care about.

The woman I work with directly, is billing out some of the work she helped me with, she said she doesn't care if it's billed correctly, she'll just post it to bill...
When my boyfriend and I were fighting a lot over the summer and she found me crying about it one day, she told me to throw him out, she had to do that with her ex, her dog tore up the carpet in the house when she found a person she didn't know in the house doing drywall, she wants to get rid of the dog cause she's too much to take care of. What does she care about,  other than her own happiness in the moment? She has no hobbies, she gossips and over mothers her sons...she likes to travel, she likes to go shopping. Is it wrong I find those things to be vapid if they are your sole hobbies? I have other co-workers that go home and drink and smoke pot. That's it.

I can't fight all the battles, and this woman won't let me help bill this job that's actually mine...so, I guess I'll wait till it's rejected and re-do it.

I know I am one of those that cares too much, I know I am one of those that does need to let go of some things, so I am not picking this battle. I guess these people have taught me how better to pick battles, how better to save my energy for things I do care about. But, you still have to give a small fuck about your day job right? And wouldn't you want to give a bigger fuck if it's all you do? Apathy run amok.

No comments: