Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Faves


Hello!
Happy Friday!
Happy Lunar New Year, Valentines Day, President's Day weekend starting Friday!

Got any cool plans? Me? I am gonna hang out, fix my home computer, and go to the movies. I am really excited for this weekend cause it's a 3 day long one. I know that doesn't mean anything for the creative self employed types, or the unfortunately unemployed types, but if you have a desk job that is less than exciting it's fantastic news! It's less than fantastic due to the fact I am a temp and will not be paid for the day I miss...but I'm still excited OK?

I am also excited that I can provide you with a list of things I have been reading, obsessing over, or drooling about.

This post from Doe Deere linked to the Wikipedia about The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and the effects Heath Ledgers death had on production, post production, and everyone involved. In short, this film was cursed, or blessed, or both. If you haven't already (it didn't do as well in the US as it did overseas) GO SEE IT NOW! It was so much better on a full size screen, your T.V. is not gonna cut it.

Former Los Angeles punk queen Alice Bag give insight and her opinion on why we should stop using the hyphenated American label.

A look at American culture, based on Facebook.

This Picture of BLONDIE! (and nerdboyfriend rocks)

Warrior Development was inspiring, I can completely relate to The Paralysis of Doing the Right Thing.

And the best one all week? The one that made me think and then re-think my life was this post by 43Folders. I have realized this is my biggest hindrance in moving forward with anything in my life. ANYTHING. All of my project are half baked and probably always will be because I care WAY too much about WAY too many things. I have to widdle that list down. It's gonna suck, I'm gonna hate it, and it's not gonna feel natural to a person with Wonder Woman I can do everything tendencies. But, it's gotta happen.


Thanks to those that continue to read this thing, I know you are out there only due to my counter at the bottom of the page, but at least your out there.


~Syd

No comments: