Friday, December 7, 2012

Out on the street, they call it murder...

 Facebook. The amazing frustrations of Facebook. I only keep the stupid thing to keep in touch with certain people that I otherwise wouldn't and too see all the family photos others post. My family is really, REALLY bad at staying in touch, and while this has left me hurt many times over, it's nothing I can control and so I just stalk their facebook pages to see what they are up to. It's sad, I know, but this is what has happened to humanity.
The latest upset facebook has brought me is the blunt realization that not only is it the only way I communicate with a whole section of people in my life, but, what sort of content that section (well, all of my facebook friends in this case) approve of and pay attention to. Case in point: today is my mother's birthday, she would have been 65, she is dead and has been dead for 8 years. Lots of likes on my happy birthday message to my mama, lots of likes and comments on the photos. Yesterday however, I begged my facebook community to watch and share the below video, of 2 men that are suspected of stabbing to death my friend and fellow artist/photographer Ila Packman.Not one like, share, comment, nada. Nothing.

Fascinating.  People and the things they pay attention to are fascinating.

Anyhow, this isn't  facebook rant post, although it kinda turned out to be and that was very, liberating since I don't actually speak this freely on facebook cause people get all butt hurt...Please watch and share the below video. Please say something if you know anything. Please? There's a reward....



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to know Ila, worked with him for several months in 2002 on a movie in LA and the Kern Valley/ lake Isabella. I ended up moving back to San Diego after finding a new job, always wanted to re-establish contact with him as there's rarely a day that goes by that I don't think of him, he was just so cool! I found out about his death a few days ago while doing an internet search on his name...I feel sick now to say the least! I thought it would be a good idea to search out some old friends... He was a good man! A lot of people knew him so I'm equally underwhelmed here on the lack of any comments! I may have only known him for a short time but he had a huge influence on my life. Always love him. I'll never forget him.

Sydney Hell said...

Hi!

It is so nice to "Meet" you and find another friend of Ila's. I can't tell you how happy I am you said something. I was starting to wonder if anyone cared.
Your timing is amazing also, as I was just thinking I needed to share this video again as there has been no movement on this case yet and it has been, 3 years now.
Wow, I just realized it has been 3 years yesterday! What timing, the universe must be telling us something ‘eh?

I didn't know Ila well either, actually not even as well as you. I only met him a few times, we were in the same type of scenes, both photographers. The night I met him though, we were both photographing a Deadly Seven show, and he was the nicest person. He gave me pointers and a plastic bag for my camera cause the band throws fake blood. I think about him all the time too. He had that kind of amazing influence on people he just met. He was magnetic.

Thank you so much for sharing your memory of Ila. <3

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd_RlNxyzRA

Thank you, it's very nice to meet you too! his memory still feels like yesterday. I remember so much of what he said and all his advise. I'm uploading all the footage I have of him in honor of his memory. It's true he was the nicest person on the set, always looking out for us, tellin it like it was.

timing, I know, all my friends are telling me this is crazy, I searched his name on the 23rd. never thought for a moment something like this could ever happen to him. really hope they get the bastards that did this.

-Will

Frenchie-Isis Muller said...

I Knew packman. He was close to my heart as a photographer and as a friend. It's still hard to believe he's gone. Such an amazing soul with the biggest smile and sometime the biggest hair. Let's finally bring his soul some peace.

Tish said...

I am so happy to read about Ila. Every time someone says something about him that I don't know or I see a photo of him that I've never seen its like learning something more about my son.

Please do post on his Facebook page - I check in on it. Stories and pictures.

And if someone knows who the two people are please contact the LA Police. The reward is $55,000.

Tish

Sydney Hell said...

Hi!
Wow, 2 new comments here, one from Ila's MOM! Hi Tish! So nice to meet you!

I will keep re-posting this video once in a while. I will keep talking about Ila, and I certainly will never forget him.

Unknown said...

Hey Sydney
I am Luna,Ila's ex wife ,besides being my husband for a couple of years he was my best friend and we kept in touch until the day he died,I will never get over it.

I admire Tish and Joel for their bravery ,I keep having visions and dreams and I feel guilty about not being present the last year of Ila's wife(because I became a mom and moved away ,etc)

I felt like I never said goodbye and there is really not one day passes by that I don't think about him,usually not about the way he died but about something he said or something silly he did .Thanks Sydney for keeping this up,I been trying my best too.
peace and love :)

Luna

Sydney Hell said...

Hi Luna,

Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it.

I know how you feel, about not getting to say goodbye and feeling guilty about not being around more. I didn't know Ila well or long, but I have lost people I was very close to suddenly and..it's horrible. It's horrible that they were fine and then the very next day they are not even alive.

Treasure your memories, visions and dreams. It is one of the ways that the dead stay alive and with us.
Peace and love to you and yours,
~Sydney