Sunday, October 13, 2013

Links

So, I'm gonna stop aiming for Friday links, it just doesn't seem to work for me. Fridays always seem to be the busiest for me at work lately, and then the weekend starts...it's hard for me to pre-load the links posts like I do for most of the Saturday Happy Songs because I need to build the links posts. It takes a lot of time and attention, even more so if I am gonna give a blurb about what the links are or what I like about them...And I just haven't been sure if that is worth it in a little while.

So, here is a bug dump of all the things I have liked or found compelling or worth sharing on the internet since the last time I gave you a links dump a couple weeks ago. Enjoy! :) ♥ 

Chinese Factory Workers and the Toys They Make
This was amazing. It is a photo study called 'The Real Toy Story' by German-born photographer Michael Wolf. He did a whole gallery instillation using toys made in China held to the metal walls of the gallery with magnets.

Amy Poehler writes a short essay about her job the summer she was 17

This pumpkin:



Especially this one of Frank Zappa and his parents and cat:




The Starwood: Home of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll
I love the punk community...

Best Halloween Events In L.A.

Which, through it's amazing header photo that I LOVE of a young girl entering The Bates Motel introduced me to:

Carolyn Hampton Photography
LOVE! What an amazing photographer.

Malala Yousafzai on The Daily Show:


Brides Throwing Cats Instead Of The Bouquet

We've all wished we could put tiny clothes on a hamster

“500 DAYS IN DOWNTOWN L.A.” Walking Tour

Haunting Photos Of 'Dead Man's Curve' Vehicle Graveyard

Joni Bakaradze Mummy: Mother Claims To Have Preserved Son's Body For 18 Years Using Alcohol

'Shark Cat' Is The Most Important Song To Hit The Internet

Maria Tallcheif died... :(

No comments: